Here are 5 real reasons why I think every environment-health expert in Nigeria and beyond, should not miss the Living Science Foundation’s 5th National Conference on Environment and Health (NCEH) holding at Redeemer’s University, Ede on April 14-15, 2020.
1. It’s an intellectual platform to solve national problems!
Complaining about environmental and health issues in Nigeria is not enough! Take a bold step this year; join other experts: professors/lecturers, top government regulators, legislators, administrators, environmental health officers, captains of industries, agriculturists and other cancer related stakeholders this year to brainstorm, seek practical solutions to ENVIRONMENTAL and OCCUPATIONAL CANCERS in Nigeria! You will be glad you did!
2. Meet World Class Speakers!
Check out some of the Conference speakers, authorities in environment-health governance and research in Nigeria, lined up for this year’s conference:
*Prof. M.K.C. Sridhar, Professor of Health, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. Topic: Major Agents of Environmental and Occupational Cancers in Nigeria
*Prof Mohammed Nasir Sambo, Executive Secretary and Chief Executive Officer, National Health Insurance Scheme, Abuja. Topic: Basic Healthcare Funding and the Menace of Cancer
*Dr Mohammad Mahmood Abubakar, Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Environment, Abuja.
*Prof Ifeoma Okoye, Radiation Medicine Department, College of Medicine, and Director, Centre for Clinical Trials, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Topic: Access to Cancer Care: Problems and Prospects.
*Prof Olusanya Olubusoye, Department of Mathematics, University of Ibadan, Ibadan
*Prof. Joshua Ojo, Dr. Adeniyi Oginni, Dr. Olufemi Adefehinti, Sanitarian Tope Akinwunmi, Prof. Bamidele Salau, Prof. Adeyinka Akinlo and others!
3. This Conference has been approved as a Thematic by the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council (EHORECON) and will Earn participating Professionals 25 points by the Council. Those in the health sector surely understand this better.
4. It’s not just a discussion forum but a blend of special features for every strata. Check these out:
*The Abiodun F Oluwole Prize: This Prize is awarded to an individual or corporate organization who in the preceding year made the most outstanding contribution to sustainable development in Nigeria via the environmental-health sector. You can also send in your nominations, giving profile of your nominee. Go to: http://conferences.lsfnigeria.org
*Essay Competition for Undergraduates (and students from other Institutions of Higher Learning). The topic of the Essay Competition is the Conference theme: COMBATTING ENVIRONMENTAL AND OCCUPATIONAL CANCERS IN NIGERIA. Go to: http://conferences.lsfnigeria.org
*High School Innovation Challenge (on Environment-Health). It is aimed at bringing to fore the innovative and creative abilities of high school students. This year’s Challenge theme is: Synthesis of Bio-pesticides using locally-sourced, home-grown materials: an economic and environmental friendly option for pest control. See details on: http://conferences.lsfnigeria.org
5. It is Relatively Cheap!
Professional Conferences of this Standard costs a minimum of N15,000 for registration fees! Interestingly, Living Science Foundation’s conference is one of the best on Environment-Health themes yet one of the cheapest, with registration fee of just N7,500 for early birds! Fees cover Registration, conference materials, refreshments, and certificate of participation. Register NOW!
- How To Register:
- Fees: Local Delegates: N7,500 (On or before April 1); N10,000 (after April 1); Students (with valid ID card): N4,000 (On or before April 1); N5,000 (after April 1), Foreign Delegates: $100
- Pay into this account via Cash Deposit or Transfers: Account Details: Living Science Foundation, Ile-Ife, Account Number: 2031515078, First Bank.
- Please indicate the Transaction ID No. (for bank transfers) or Teller No. at the on-line Registration Portal. Go to: http://conferences.lsfnigeria.org
- Collect your Receipt at the Registration Desk at the Conference.
- Group registration of professional bodies with 10 participants and above attracts discount.
- For further details, click this link: http://conferences.lsfnigeria.org or simply call: 09020114273 or e-mail: Ada’s I sciences gmail.com